Careers & Practicums
Join Our Team
BumperNow’s management team is searching for skilled production workers who are already experienced with the process of reconditioning bumper covers. We are always looking for plastic welders, bodyman, and paint preppers. The goal of this recruitment initiative is to expand production capacity to meet increasing demand for bumper covers in BC and the Pacific Northwest. If you have experience, we want to talk to you!
In addition, we are continuously searching for staff to join our team in the sales, administration, warehouse, inventory, and maintenance positions. When you are ready to join our growing team, please contact us with your resume.
BumperNow is also proud to support colleges and universities with Practicum opportunities, and welcomes post-secondary, MBA, and graduate students to incorporate BumperNow as part of their operating case-study needs for business, marketing, environmental, or plastics engineering coursework.
We specialize in plastics and the repair of bumpers. We work with all brands of vehicles and many different types of plastic.
– 5 years or more
– 40 hours per week; permanent full-time
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
– Fast-paced environment, Physically demanding, Attention to detail, Standing for extended periods, Bending, crouching, kneeling, Overtime required
Work Location Information
– In shop
Work Site Environment
– Dusty, Noisy
– Reliability, Dependability, Team player, Initiative, Flexibility, Accurate
– Clean and maintain work space
Area of Work Experience
– Paint spraying, Body components, Welding
– File, grind and sand body surfaces to be repaired, Mask and tape auto body surfaces in preparation for painting, Hammer out dents, buckles and defects using blocks and hammers, Apply primers and repaint surfaces, Operate soldering equipment or use plastic filler to fill holes, dents and seams
– English (Basic ok)
– No degree, certificate or diploma
How to apply
– By email: email@example.com
– 5 open jobs available
We are currently recruiting individuals to assist in Production alongside a team of Automotive Body Repairers.
Immediate opportunity in Sandblasting and Paint Prepping. You will be part of a team that reconditions plastic bumpers.
– Good eyesight
– Excellent sense of touch and feel
– Comfortable using tools and working in a production environment
We are located in South Burnaby or Marine Way and North Fraser. Basic English is ok. Great opportunity for newcomer to Canada.
Experience in automotive bumper repair is a plus, but if you have a good attitude and a willingness to learn, you will be considered.
Please send your resume.
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia
Duration: Full Time
BumperNow Plastic Welding Inc is finding new methods and processes to recycle automotive plastics in support of diverting this material from the landfill. We are assembling a small team of technical experts who will be calibrating and troubleshooting processes and equipment based on the specifications desired. The Company is actively processing automotive plastics and is working to expand the efficiency and type of materials it recycles.
Summary of Project/Position
We are looking to hire a Engineering Technician / Scientific Technician. In this position, the successful candidate will help to install, test, and assist to provide proof of concept for new recycling technology.
• Calibrate and maintain electrical and mechanical equipment, including conveyor belts, pre-shredder, granulator, wash line, water treatment system, heat exchanger, pump motors and controls, extruders, plastic sortation system and ensure these components are operating within technical specifications
• Ensure the maintenance, upkeep, and satisfactory operation of equipment used in production processes
• Troubleshoot problems related to our operating equipment and emergency power systems.
• Inspect, install and test new electrical components and modules and integrate this equipment into our production process
• Assist in planning for potential new equipment, processes and maintenance planning schedules, in conjunction with other team members, in support of expanding our production and plastic recycling systems
• Minimum of Two Year Diploma with specialty as an Electrical or Mechanical Technician
• 5+ years of field experience working with electro mechanical equipment, commissioning, maintenance, and troubleshooting
• Works well in a team and individually
• Passion for innovation and re-engineering processes for optimization
Benefits: Medical/Dental plan available with 50% employer contribution, upon successful enrollment in plan via Blue Cross.