Careers & Practicums
Join Our Team
BumperNow’s management team is searching for skilled production workers who are already experienced with the process of reconditioning bumper covers. We are always looking for plastic welders, bodyman, and paint preppers. The goal of this recruitment initiative is to expand production capacity to meet increasing demand for bumper covers in BC and the Pacific Northwest. If you have experience, we want to talk to you!
In addition, we are continuously searching for staff to join our team in the sales, administration, warehouse, inventory, and maintenance positions. When you are ready to join our growing team, please contact us with your resume.
BumperNow is also proud to support colleges and universities with Practicum opportunities, and welcomes post-secondary, MBA, and graduate students to incorporate BumperNow as part of their operating case-study needs for business, marketing, environmental, or plastics engineering coursework.
We specialize in plastics and the repair of bumpers. We work with all brands of vehicles and many different types of plastic.
We are currently recruiting for a skilled and experienced person individual to work in Production.
Skills which are desired are bodywork / bodyman background, experience in plastic welding, cutting, sanding, priming, paint prepping, and finishing. Your role would be to work as part of a production team and enhance efficiency and quality and help wherever we need it.
The right candidate has existing direct experience (minimum 5 yrs) in a bodyshop. Training or experience with plastic bumper repair is highly desirable, but not required. If you have a lot of experience repairing bumpers, we want to talk to you. If you don’t have experience but are willing to learn, we are also happy to discuss more.
Please send your resume and information about your experience in confidence.
Basic English is no problem.
Wage range based on experience and skill level.
We are a leader in plastic repair for automotive bumpers.
We are currently recruiting individuals to work in Production alongside a team of bumper technicians.
Immediate opportunity in Sandblasting, Cutting, Painting, Preping or Welding. You will be responsible for contributing to reconditioning the bumper.
– Good eyesight
– Excellent sense of touch and feel
– Comfortable using tools and working in a production environment
We are located in South Burnaby or Marine Way and North Fraser. Basic English is ok. Great opportunity for newcomer to Canada.
Experience in automotive bumper repair is a plus, but if you have a good attitude and a willingness to learn, you will be considered.
Please send your resume.
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia
BumperNow Plastic Welding Inc is finding new methods and processes to recycle automotive plastics in support of diverting this material from the landfill. We are assembling a small team of technical experts who will be designing processes and equipment based on the specifications desired. The Company is actively processing automotive plastics and is working to expand the efficiency and type of materials it recycles.
Summary of Project/Position
We are looking to hire a Design Engineer. In this position, the successful candidate will help to successfully design, test,
and provide proof of concept for new recycle technology. They will also help to displace additional types and volume of
plastic materials from the landfill, as well as provide analysis on efficiency of current processes and opportunities to
improve operations. There is potential for a full-time role upon completion of internship.
• Study the type of automotive waste plastic arriving to facility
• Create a trend and quantify types of frequently arriving to the facility
• Develop a system to sort three or more frequent plastics type of plastic for separation
• Create a process flow diagram, engineering drawings for the project
• Create datasheets and specifications of the overall system
• Research current and upcoming technology to sort and process plastics and other types of materials
• Minimum of Undergraduate Degree or Diploma in Engineering field
• Strong background in Mechanical and Material Engineering
• Proficient in creating engineering drawings using CAD software
• Field experience in commissioning equipment and coordinating contractors
• Experience in writing Engineering Datasheets and Specifications
• Works well in a team and individually
• Passion for innovation and re-engineering processes for optimization
Benefits: Medical/Dental plan available with 50% employer contribution, upon successful enrollment in plan via Blue Cross.